CBD gummies are a type of edible that contains the extract of the hemp plant. They are usually made from natural ingredients and fruit juices and boast a variety of health benefits. CBD gummies for sleep are becoming a popular choice for that seeking an all-natural way to get a good night’s rest. So, what should you look for when choosing CBD gummies for sleep?
CBD Gummies for Sleep: Melatonin
One of the most important ingredients to look for in CBD gummies for sleep is melatonin. Melatonin is a hormone that is produced naturally in the body and helps to regulate the sleep-wake cycle. When it is time to go to bed, your body produces more melatonin to make you feel sleepy. Unfortunately, sometimes your body doesn’t produce enough melatonin or stops producing it altogether. This can be due to stress, changes in light exposure, or other factors. Taking a melatonin supplement can help to increase the amount of melatonin in your system and promote better sleep.
- Full-spectrum CBD oil: This type of oil contains all of the compounds found in hemp plants, including CBD, terpenes, and other cannabinoids. Full-spectrum oils provide the most benefit because they allow you to experience the entourage effect. This is when all of the compounds work together to provide the maximum benefit.
- Organic ingredients: You’ll want to make sure that the ingredients in your gummies are organic so that you know they’re free of pesticides and other toxins.
- Natural flavors: Many CBD gummies on the market are flavored with artificial flavors and sweeteners. These can be harsh on your stomach and may cause digestive distress. Look for gummies that are flavored with natural ingredients like fruit juices and extracts.
- Third-party lab results: Any reputable company will have its products tested by an independent lab to ensure quality and safety. Make sure that you can view the lab results before buying any CBD product.
- A small dosage of CBD: Start with a low dose of cannabidiol and increase gradually as needed. A good rule of thumb is to start with 1-2 milligrams per day and increase by 5 milligrams each week until you find relief from your symptoms.
CBD Gummies for Sleep: GABA
GABA is another important ingredient to look for in CBD gummies for sleep. GABA is a neurotransmitter that helps to regulate nerve cells and has a calming effect on the nervous system. When GABA levels are low, it can lead to feelings of anxiety and restlessness. Taking a GABA supplement can help to increase GABA levels and promote relaxation.
CBD Gummies for Sleep: L-Theanine
L-theanine is an amino acid that is found naturally in green tea leaves. It is known for its ability to promote relaxation without causing drowsiness. L-theanine works by increasing levels of GABA and serotonin in the brain. This amino acid can also help to reduce anxiety and improve sleep quality.
When choosing CBD gummies for sleep, it is important to look for products that contain melatonin, GABA, and L-theanine. These ingredients will help you get the best night’s rest by promoting relaxation and reducing anxiety. Do your research and choose a product that contains high-quality ingredients so you can get the most out of your purchase!